Let's grow your lash biz!•
Posted on April 06 2019
Follow these seven steps and repeat
So, you've taken your lash course, you've completed your models, and you're ready to take paying clients. What next?
1. Business Cards. You never know who you're going to run into and if I've learned anything, it's that when people want something, they want it now. Don't let yourself be forgotten by chancing it to someone's memory.
On average, I find that for every ten cards I hand out maybe one or two potential clients take action. That's a pretty good ROI if you ask me. 20% may seem low but it according to marketing gurus, gaining those two returning clients is quite average!
2. Be Your Own Billboard. Appearances do matter in our industry. Take a lil’ extra time to give yourself some self-love everyday, you never know who you’ll run into.
I know that we get stopped at least once a day asking us where we got our lashes done. Put your best foot forward.
3. Talk to Strangers. Now we’re not saying you need to walk up to everyone at random but you need to hand out those business cards and what better way to do that than speaking to people, making a connection and smoothly handing them a card at the end.
You don’t have to do anything that you already don’t do on a day to day basis. It’s as easy as complimenting someone and letting them know about you. Accept the rejection if it comes—don’t dig yourself into a hole. I’ve had someone say they’re not interested at the moment, took my card anyway and later on said she had a wedding to go to and wanted to give lashes a try.
4. You Gotta Believe in Yourself! Exude the confidence you want others to see in you. You want your potential clients feeling comfortable with you and your skills. No, not full of yourself, but yes, you’ve gotta toot your own horn sometimes.
You’ve taken the time to hone in your craft, don’t downplay your strengths. Let yourself shine, girl!
5. Referrals, baby! You’ve gotta get your clients talking. Set up a referral program that benefits everyone in play.
Reward not just your new clients with a discount, but also your loyal ones. We opted for $15 off for your new + old clients.
6. Consistency. Is. Key. Always. You’ve put in the work to get them in your bed (ha!) now show up and give ‘em all you’ve got—every single time. You are not a one hit wonder. Get a process in place, memorize it, repeat it.
Do you struggle with remembering things? Write notes down after each appointment—document whatever you think you’re going to forget because let me tell you, Veronica is sure going to appreciate you congratulating her about the job she got.
7. PRACTICE. Maybe you’re an introvert. Maybe you’re not good at talking yourself up. Practice. Get used to it. Repeat.
Insurance: Health, ...
Are you covered? Throw your hands up if you’ve taken care of all three. No? Let us break it down for you on why it’s imperative you take care of t...Read More
Finding the Right F...
Let’s talk about the right fit and no we’re not talking about what length to put on your clients. We’re talking about the right fit when it comes ...Read More
Let’s Talk Lash Pla...
Whether you’re doing classic or volume applications here are some things to keep in mind for the best bond and grow out. — Make sure your classic...Read More