How to Prevent Carpal Tunnel•
Posted on March 08 2021
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by pressure on your median nerve. This nerve provides motor function and sensory to your thumb and three middle fingers from each hand. Repetitive, small movements with your hands can trigger burning, tingling, numbness, swollen fingers, decreased grip strength, and the feeling of pins and needles throughout your fingers. Basically, it’s every lash artist's worst nightmare.
Image from www.pianoemporium.com
Here are our tips for prevention:
- Get tools that work. You shouldn’t be spending 8+ hours a day death gripping your tweezers. All of our tweezers have just the right tension to help prevent squeezing and overworking your hands.
- Position yourself well behind and above your clients so you’re working through your day with minimal weight.
- Strengthen your finger muscles to distribute movement as evenly as possible. Using finger grips and stretching consistently will prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. See how we stretch in the image below.
- Use a splint to prevent your wrist from moving to ease the compression of the nerves.
- See a chiropractor if you need adjustments.
Your hands are your most valuable tools -- make sure you care for them. We always suggest seeing a professional and letting them know what you do for work. We often get used to how we’re feeling that we think it’s normal.
Ways to Enhance you...
Whether you’re working from home or a co-work space, lashing independently or at a lash boutique with a team, here are a few tips to enhance your ...Read More
Biz Tip: Policies a...
You'll inevitably run into an issue running a business so by having policies and procedures in place you'll know exactly what steps to take sho...Read More
Maintaining the Int...
Maintaining the integrity of your clients lash line should be your number one priority, always. Here's how you can do your part to ensure that yo...Read More