How to Prevent Carpal Tunnel•
Posted on March 08 2021
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by pressure on your median nerve. This nerve provides motor function and sensory to your thumb and three middle fingers from each hand. Repetitive, small movements with your hands can trigger burning, tingling, numbness, swollen fingers, decreased grip strength, and the feeling of pins and needles throughout your fingers. Basically, it’s every lash artist's worst nightmare.
Image from www.pianoemporium.com
Here are our tips for prevention:
- Get tools that work. You shouldn’t be spending 8+ hours a day death gripping your tweezers. All of our tweezers have just the right tension to help prevent squeezing and overworking your hands.
- Position yourself well behind and above your clients so you’re working through your day with minimal weight.
- Strengthen your finger muscles to distribute movement as evenly as possible. Using finger grips and stretching consistently will prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. See how we stretch in the image below.
- Use a splint to prevent your wrist from moving to ease the compression of the nerves.
- See a chiropractor if you need adjustments.
Your hands are your most valuable tools -- make sure you care for them. We always suggest seeing a professional and letting them know what you do for work. We often get used to how we’re feeling that we think it’s normal.
Business Tools You ...
Here are a few of our absolute favorites to make any business run a little smoother. Canva. Not only do they offer a great free option but the p...Read More
Business Finance 101
Finances can be intimidating, but they can also be easily ignored. In order to have a successful business you must stay on top of what’s happening ...Read More
That Sweet Spot
Clink! There is nothing more tragic than the sound of metal hitting the ground. Every lash artist knows the heart-wrenching feeling of your favorit...Read More